Pineapple Gin Sour
The sour style of cocktail is a classic that dates back to the mid-19th century. Typically made with a spirit, lemon or lime juice and a sweetener. The addition of a frothing element such as egg white creates a silky smooth finish, this is totally optional but we recommend it!
We add the bitters into the shaker when we mix this, but it can also be added at the end as a garnish over the foam.
- 2-4 dashes Agnostura Bitters
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 60ml Mackintosh Pineapple & Grapefruit Old Tom Gin
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- Egg White
- Pineapple to garnish
- Use Mackintosh London Dry Gin with a lemon peel garnish for a more traditional version!
- Pour ingredients into a shaker
- Shake vigorously (dry shake)
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously until the shaker is cold (wet shake)
- Double strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with pineapple to finish
Use Mackintosh London Dry Gin with a lemon peel garnish for a more traditional version!
Now it's your turn
Mackintosh Pineapple and Grapefruit Old Tom Gin is a sweeter gin designed to be enjoyed with lemonade. Distilled with fresh pineapple and grapefruit it is a perfect cocktail gin, delicious over ice with lemonade.