The sour style of cocktail is a classic that dates back to the mid-19th century. Typically made with a spirit, lemon or lime juice and a sweetener. The addition of a frothing element such as egg white creates a silky smooth finish, this is totally optional but we recommend it!
We add the bitters into the shaker when we mix this, but it can also be added at the end as a garnish over the foam.
- 60ml Mackintosh London Dry Gin
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- Egg White
- 2-4 dashes Agnostura Bitters
- Lemon peel to garnish
- Pour ingredients into a shaker
- Shake vigorously (dry shake)
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously until the shaker is cold (wet shake)
- Double strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with lemon peel to finish
Use Mackintosh Pineapple & Grapefruit Old Tom Gin with a pineapple garnish for a tropical version!