The Corpse Reviver is a family of cocktails with several variations, many of which have links to the American Bar at the Savoy Hotel and date back to 1930 thanks to Harry Craddock. The Savoy Cocktail Book describes The Corpse Reviver No2 as the most commonly drunk of the Corpse Revivers. Made with equal parts gin, lemon juice, triple sec (orange liqueur) and Kina Lillet (use either Lillet Blanc or Cocchi Americano). The pastis (Absinth or Pernod) can be swirled around the glass to coat it first, or added to the mix before shaking.
- 25ml Mackintosh London Dry Gin or Mackintosh Mariner Strength Gin
- 25ml Triple Sec/Orange Liqueur
- 25ml Lillet Blanc or Cocchi Americano
- 25ml Lemon Juice
- 2 Dashes Pastis (Absinth or Pernod etc)
- Orange peel to garnish
- Pour ingredients into an ice filled shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with orange peel to finish
Add a small amount of sugar syrup (3 ml) for a slightly sweeter version!