The Clover Club is a pre-prohibition cocktail named after the Philadelphia men’s club of the same name which met in the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel from the 1880’s to the 1920’s. The cocktail made its way to New York when George Boldt of the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel in Philadelphia was recruited to the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. The Clover Club is a delicious cocktail and has a special place at Mackintosh HQ due to raspberries being a garnish. The region of Angus is home to some of the best raspberries in Scotland!
- 40ml Mackintosh London Dry or Mackintosh Mariner Strength Gin
- 10-15ml Dry Vermouth
- 10-15ml Raspberry Liqueur
- 10-15ml Lemon Juice
- 10-15ml Sugar Syrup
- Egg White
- Fresh Raspberries
- Put some raspberries and the sugar syrup into a shaker and muddle
- Add the gin, vermouth, raspberry liqueur, lemon juice and egg white into the shaker
- Shake vigorously (dry shake)
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously until the shaker is cold (wet shake)
- Double strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with raspberries
Swap the raspberries for blackberries for an autumnal version!
Now it's your turn
Mackintosh Mariner Strength Gin is the Navy Strength version of our London Dry Gin. Bottled at 59% ABV it is a perfect cocktail gin and works extremely well in a Martini or a Negroni.