The Bronx, a fruity and mildly sweet drink, is a pre-prohibition cocktail whose origin is disputed. There are several claims to who invented this delicious cocktail but many claim Joseph S. Sormani was the person responsible for the cocktail, including the New York Times when they published his obituary. The quality of ingredients makes a difference in the outcome this cocktail, we recommend using freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 50ml Mackintosh London Dry Gin
- 30ml Fresh Orange Juice
- 20-25ml Sweet Vermouth
- 15-20ml Dry Vermouth
- 2 Dashes Orange Bitters (optional)
- Orange Peel to garnish
- Pour ingredients into an ice filled shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with orange peel to finish
Omit the orange juice and use equal measures of Mackintosh London Dry Gin, Sweet Vermouth and Dry Vermouth for a Perfect Martini cocktail!