The Bramble was created in 1984 in London by Dick Bradsell when he worked as the bar manager at Fred’s Club in Soho. It has gone on to become a classic cocktail and is a firm favourite of ours!
- 50-60ml Mackintosh London Dry Gin
- 30ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 15ml Crème de Mûre
- Blackberry and lemon slice to garnish
- Crushed Ice
- Fill a rocks glass with crushed ice, but leave room to add more later
- Pour the gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup into an ice filled shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a chilled glass and add more crushed ice
- Drizzle the Crème de Mûre over the ice to create a bleeding or marbling effect
- Garnish with blackberries and a lemon slice
- Serve with 2 short straws
If Crème de Mûre or blackberries are not available, then swap for Crème de Cassis and raspberries!