Blackberry Clover Club
The Blackberry Clover Club is an autumnal version of the Clover Club and just as delicious! The Clover Club is a pre-prohibition cocktail named after the Philadelphia men’s club of the same name which met in the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel from the 1880’s to the 1920’s. The cocktail made its way to New York when George Boldt of the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel in Philadelphia was recruited to the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York.
- 40ml Mackintosh London Dry or Mackintosh Mariner Strength Gin
- 10-15ml Dry Vermouth
- 10-15ml Blackberry Liqueur
- 10-15ml Lemon Juice
- 10-15ml Sugar Syrup
- Egg White
- Fresh Blackberries
- Put some blackberries and the sugar syrup into a shaker and muddle
- Add the gin, vermouth, blackberry liqueur, lemon juice and egg white into the shaker
- Shake vigorously (dry shake)
- Add ice to the shaker and shake vigorously until the shaker is cold (wet shake)
- Double strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with blackberries
Swap the blackberries for raspberries for a summer version!